Tuesday, March 5, 2013

V.I.P. (Very Important Preemie)

Day 18

I got my own room today.  They are giving me VIP service since I am so special.  I had to share my old room with 8 babies and 4 nurses.  Monitor alarms would go off day and night.  My new room is just for me and big enough for all the people that come to see me.   It is nice and quiet so I can finally get some sleep.  Grandpa Thurman likes how quiet it is too.  He took a nap with me when him and Grandma came to see me.  Mom and Dad like that the nurses in this wing are more consistent so they can get to know them better.

 

The doctor said he saw some fluid in my lungs from too much blood flowing (stupid PDA), so they are giving me a medication called Lasix to help me pee more.   The transfusion I am getting through the IV in my foot is going to take 3-4 hours.  They say I will feel better once they get more red blood cells in me.


I am getting bigger everyday.  Last night I weighed 2 pounds 3.4 ounces.  They even bumped me up a diaper size.  It is not supposed to be this baggy, but that is how kids wear them these days.  I am rocking this pink and purple hat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment