Thursday, February 21, 2013

Criss Cross Applesauce

Day 6

The doctor gave my parents some good news this morning.  I have been tolerating my feedings and maintaining my oxygen levels, but the best thing is that he said he didn't think he heard the murmur anymore. It is too soon to tell if the medication for the PDA worked, but what a great sign if it did.


Now that I don't need light therapy and the eye mask anymore, Mom and Dad could get a better look at my face.  This was the first time since I was born that they could see my forehead, eyebrows, and eyes. They were staring at me and trying to decide who I look like.

I was having some tummy trouble in the evening and have had to skip several feedings.  Before they give me breast milk through a tube, they pump my stomach to see if the last feeding digested.  If I have too much left over (residuals) they put the same food back in, but today I have had some gunky green stuff.  When that happens they remove it and skip that feeding.  This might be happening because of the PDA medicine.  To make my parents feel better, I opened my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment