Sunday, February 24, 2013

Will do tricks for food

Day 9

The doctor said I was doing well and that I could get more food.  Now I am up to 3 cc of breast milk.  I  still get IV fluids for nutrition, but they will slowly increase the amount of breast milk by 1.5 cc each day until I get to full feeds (16 cc) and then they will stop the IV fluids.  I can't wait to get rid of some of these tubes.

I don't like to be messed with so I cry whenever the nurses change my diaper or do anything to me.  They told Mom and Dad that it is a good sign that I have the energy to fuss.  The nurses say that I am feisty, but that is just my Samoan warrior spirit.

Today was Mom's favorite day so far.  She held me in her hands and I showed her how I can suck on the pacifier.  Dad videotaped it and she has watched it a million times.  I didn't skip any feedings today and am feeling so good that I was only on 21% oxygen (room air) for most of the day.  Dad held me at night while the nurse and Mom changed my bedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment