Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snug as a Bug

Day 8

I am one week old today!  The doctor had told my parents that the first week would be critical so they are super happy to see me today.  They were even happier to hear that the echocardiogram showed that the medicine was working and the PDA was smaller.  The doctors are going to wait and see if it will close the rest of the way on its own.  They also took out the umbilical catheter that was in my belly button so I can finally lay on my tummy.



For my one week birthday the nurse gave me a green pacifier.  Even though it is the smallest one they have, it is still too big for me.  She saw me chewing on my feeding tube so she put the pacifier in my mouth and I sucked on it for a few minutes.  Unfortunately my parents weren't there to see it.  Maybe I will show them tomorrow.


Mom helped change out my bedding at night.  I have had some tummy troubles with green gunk in my belly so I have skipped a bunch of meals.  I looked at Mom and Dad a lot and could follow their voices with my eyes.  They tucked me in for bed and I am so comfy in my nest.


No comments:

Post a Comment