Wednesday, February 20, 2013

PDAs are scary

Day 5

Very scary day.  The doctor called and said that the murmur he heard is a PDA (patent ductus arteriosus).  A lot of preemies have this and if they are small sometimes they close on their own over time.  Mine is large though so they are going to start treating it right away with a medicine. something similar to Ibuprofen.  I will get a dose every 24 hours for 3 days and then they will check my heart again with an echocardiogram.  My parents are very concerned and hoping that the medicine will work so I don't have to have surgery.

My jaundice is better so they took off the last light.  They are managing my blood pressure with medicine.  I have been getting donor breast milk until today but now they have started using Mommy's.  The doctors told her that mom's of preemies have special breast milk that is especially good for little guys like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment