Thursday, March 21, 2013

Afternoon cuddles

Days 33 & 34

On Wednesday Mom held me for 2 hours.  Before yesterday I would get uncomfortable after 45 minutes and have to back in my isolette (incubator).  Today we broke our record and I slept in her arms for 3 whole hours!  It was awesome.


Since I am eating so much now (21 cc) the doctors have spread the feeds over 2 hours to help with reflux.  I am gaining weight steadily and now weigh 2 pounds, 12.4 ounces.  Mom and Dad can't wait till I am 3 pounds.


My breathing has been pretty stable the past few days, but my oxygen saturation levels still bounce all over the place.  I got a chest x-ray today and the doctor said it was foggy which means there is some extra fluid around my lungs.  Some of that is due to the moisture from the Bubble CPAP, but it also could be from increased blood flow from the PDA.  I am going to start getting lasix every other day to dry me out.  I will get an echo tomorrow to see how the PDA looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment