Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shhhhh....I'm trying to grow

Day 25

I had a room full of visitors today.  Mom tried holding me again, but I got tired really quickly.  Preemies like it to be quiet and too many sounds all at once can be stressful.  I was feeling a little mischievous and decided to kick my legs around when Mom was changing my diaper.  She wasn't ready for how fast my chicken legs could move and I stuck my foot in the dirty diaper before she could pull it out of the way.  Mom and Dad are really going to have to get better at this diaper changing thing or I am going to have lots and lots of baths.

One of my least favorite things is to have my nasal canula changed.  I don't like having the tape pulled off my face, getting suctioned out, and having the tubes jammed up my nose.  Normally it happens twice a day, but when my parents came in the evening it was all gunky and lopsided, so I had to have it changed again.  I don't know any words yet so I just cried really loud to let everyone know that I was NOT a happy camper.  My septum is red and thin and the doctors and nurses are worried about it breaking down.  I wish they would just leave it alone, but if there is not a good seal with my nasal canula then I don't get enough oxygen.  This is my cranky face.


No comments:

Post a Comment