Monday, March 18, 2013

Naked in a new house

Day 31
30 weeks (corrected/gestational age)

Moved to a new incubator today.  It is a much older model that only has single panes of plastic walls, so it stays a little cooler than they first one I was in.  The first kind I was in was a Caleo.  The nurses called it the "Rolls-Royce" of incubators because it had double plastic walls, a built-in scale, humidity, and raised and lowered.  The NICU uses the Caleos for new admissions and preemies that need the most help.  Even though my new house isn't as fancy, Mom and Dad like it because it means I am getting better.

The nurse said she wanted to be able to see my chest to be able to monitor my breathing, so I am back to just a diaper.  Mom and Dad were bummed that I couldn't wear the clothes they brought for me.



I had some nutritional labs done and everything looked good.  I had lost a few grams two nights in a row, but have finally gained that back and am up to 2 pounds 10 ounces.  I am getting 20 cc of breast milk and 30 extra calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment