Monday, March 11, 2013

Goodbye PICC line

Day 24
29 weeks (gestational age)

Today was super awesome because Mom held me for 45 minutes.  She loved feeling my soft hair and tiny fingers move across her chest.  I felt so good that my oxygen saturation got down to 21% for awhile, which is the same amount as the room air that big people breathe.  I have only had a few A & B episodes.  The nurses think that they are linked to reflux because they seem to be happening at the end of feedings.  I have been eating lots and am up to 2 pounds 6 ounces.



Another reason today is super awesome is that the cardiologist said my PDA is smaller.  Even though it isn't closed it is restrictive so not as much blood is flowing through it.  The doctor said they will monitor it and re-echo in a week.  The best part is that my feeds will increase to 15 cc and  that they are taking out my PICC line!  You can see my left arm without the PICC line in the photo below.  Mom and Dad love seeing me without so many tubes and wires.  They are kind of obsessed and take photos of me even when I am sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment