Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Lion King

Day 19

I finished the 3 days of PDA treatment and the opening of the valve is smaller, but still not closed.  They are going to give me 2 more doses (one tonight and Thursday) to see if they can get it to close all the way.  I am looking forward to being able to have more breast milk, so hopefully this will be the last two nights on trophic feeds (which is only 2 cc to keep my digestive system working).  I get my food through a tube that goes from my mouth to my tummy.  This is called gavage feeding.


The transfusion brought my red blood count up to 37.6 from 26 and I have more color and energy now.  I lost a little weight and was down 2 pounds 2.8 ounces today, but that was after I pooped 3 times in a row while Daddy was trying to change my diaper.  He was kinda slow, so I peed before he got the new diaper on too.


My first poster:  A nice nurse drew this picture for me and it is hanging in my room.

1 comment:

  1. Good job little man way to show Dad you love him. Stay strong....

    ReplyDelete