Friday, March 22, 2013

The PDA strikes again

Day 35

Bad news today.  My PDA has opened up larger again.  I have been desaturating a lot so most likely I will have the ligation surgery soon.  My family is very scared about me having to have surgery.  The doctor is going to start me on another steroid (hydrocortisone) that is supposed to strengthen my lungs.  They will also increase me to a daily dose of lasix that will draw fluid away from my lungs.  Mom and Dad have been worried for so long about this surgery.  Since I am not improving and starting to have respiratory problems again, they just want it done so I can continue to progress.  If I do have surgery I would be checked into the Children's Hospital across the street.  I wonder if I would have my first ambulance ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment