Saturday, March 16, 2013

One month old

Day 29

I am a 1 month old today!  No cake for me, but they did increase my food to 19 cc and 30 calories since I weigh 2 pounds 9 ounces now.  I am having a pretty good day with only a few episodes at the end of my feedings.  Mom held me for a long time.  She was surprised that I could pick up my head to try to turn it to the other side.



I have been having problems with the seal on the nasal canula staying tight..  The respiratory therapists have had to change it out 3 times already, which you all know is not my favorite.  I am having it changed AGAIN at midnight and Mom and Dad are staying to watch over me.  They are worried because when the seal isn't tight enough, the bubbles in the Bubble CPAP stop ( = no pressure).  I have been keeping my saturation high even when the bubbles stop, but the nurse has had to turn my oxygen up to 30%.  Mom is paranoid that the nurses won't notice that there aren't any bubbles if they are only watching me on the monitor in another room (since my saturation level stays in range).


At midnight the respiratory therapist showed Mom and Dad how I get the Flovent inhaled steroid treatments.  He also let them listen to the bubbling sounds in my lungs with a stethoscope.



No comments:

Post a Comment