Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hush Little Baby

Day 23

It is hard for Mom when I cry out in discomfort and she can't do anything to make me feel better.  She has to surrender her instinct and step aside while doctors and nurses adjust me or just sit there and listen to me wail.  She can't wait for the day she can just scoop me up and hold me close.


I have only had a few A and B's today.  One was right after a feeding and the nurse thinks it might have been caused by reflux.  Sometimes I build up a lot of spit around my mouth and in the back of my throat and they have to suction it out to clear my airway.  I hate to have my nose prongs adjusted, but if there is not a good seal I don't get enough air pressure.  The doctor thinks I am doing well enough that he has ordered another reduction in pressure from 6 to 5.  They are doubling my feeds from 6 to 12 cc of breast milk and reducing the IV fluids to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment